In strong partnerships, IAPO:
- Establishes and maintains partnerships with leading universities worldwide
- Promotes the Afropolitan vision by initiating agreements with African universities
- Coordinates funded consortium mobility programmes with African and worldwide partners
- Welcomes nearly 5,000 international students to UCT every year
- Organises exchange and scholarship programmes for students to study abroad
- Runs orientation programmes for new international students
- Runs the pre-registration process for all international students
- Assists students with finding short- and long-term accommodation
- Assists students with study permit renewals
- Provides certain financial services
- Runs the Semester Study Abroad programme
- Works closely with student leadership structures and sponsors certain international student societies’ events
- Promotes and facilitates exchange opportunities for UCT students and staff. These include:
- IAPO General Exchanges: UCT students in their first or second year of undergraduate studies and those doing their Master’s or doctoral studies (minimum two-year programme) may apply to go on a semester exchange to one of our partner universities in North America, Europe, the United Kingdom or Australia.
- Erasmus Mundus: South Africans with a Bachelor’s degree may apply for a semester exchange or to complete a full degree at a European university, participating in one of the following programmes: EMA2SA, EUSATURN, EUROSA+, EUSA_ID, AESOP, and Intra-ACP.