UCT prides itself on its diverse student body, which reflects the many cultures and backgrounds of the region. The university also welcomes international students and is currently home to over
International postgraduate student support
IAPO's specific support to international students includes working alongside UCT departments and faculties to improve and enhance services and address issues affecting international postgraduates. The Coordinator: International Full Degree Students is responsible for providing international postgraduate students with service and support for the duration of their degree or stay at UCT. Assistance, advice and information are offered to international postgraduates in the following ways:
- providing pre-arrival as well as on-campus orientation
- international students' pre-registration, i.e. checking study visas
- arranging joint international postgraduate student orientation programmes with faculties and departments.
- general counselling
- advising on study visas and other immigration issues, student fees and health insurance.
- developing opportunities for integration, including postgraduate seminars, social activities, etc.
- developing international postgraduate information booklets on subjects such as pre-arrival, orientation and application procedures.