What services do IAPO and UCT offer to international undergraduate students?
The International Academic Programmes Office (IAPO) seeks to be the first port of call for all international students. To this extent we seek to complement the services provided by other faculties and departments and have strong relations with service providers within and outside UCT.
The following are some of the key services offered to international undergraduate students:
- Assistance in applying for a study visa.
- Advice on meeting medical aid requirements
- General advice on where to live, regulations about part-time work, and social and cultural integration on campus [link to orientation?]
- Support in an emergency – call +27 76 346 2397
- Frequently asked questions on applying for admission
- Orientation and settling into campus life
- Airport transfer on arrival
- Visa and medical aid clearance in preparation for registration
- Ongoing advice
Please click on the following links for further information on student life and services at UCT: