Student fees are broken down as follows:
For a fees estimation: A proforma invoice may be requested.
SADC students can send the request to:
UCT Fees Office
Tel: +27 (0)21 650 1704
Fax: +27 (0)21 650 4768
Non-SADC students can send the request to:
Tel: +27 (0)21 650 3740/2822
The appropriate application fees reflected below should accompany all applications:
|Undergraduate and postgraduate applications from South Africa and the SADC region||R100|
|Undergraduate and postgraduate applications from outside the SADC region||R300|
- Application fees are not refundable. Paying an application fee does not mean that your application will be successful.
- The application fee may be paid by
- cheque, postal order,
- electronic funds transfer (EFT) or credit card.
- Cash payments may be made only at the Cashiers Office, Kramer Building, Cross Campus Road, Middle Campus UCT, Rondebosch.
EFT payments for all degrees/diplomas EXCEPT GSB must be made to the following account:
Beneficiary: UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN - No.1 Sundries Account
Bank: Standard Bank SA Ltd
Branch: Rondebosch, Western Cape
Branch Code: 025009
Swift code (for international payments): SBZAZAJJ
Reference Number: 11196, applicant's first name, applicant's last name.
E.g. 11196 Sally Smith.
(This reference number must be entered on the appropriate bank form.)
Students at UCT pay tuition fees for every course taken. These tuition fees vary from course to course and cover:
- all charges for classes, tutorials and laboratories
- ordinary university examinations
- library access
- compulsory personal accident insurance
- in the case of medical students, hospital fees for clinical instruction
Tuition fees do not cover membership to clubs or societies.
Residence fees are available in the UCT Fees Handbook. Please be aware that for catering residences, the meal costs should be added to the residence cost.
Various charges such as society subscriptions, library fines, traffic fines, student-health charges, residence-damage costs and emergency loans may be debited to a student's fees account if they were not settled in the course of the year.
Such charges often appear on accounts late in the year, so it is important to check for these charges before the year-end to ensure acceptance to the next academic year or an invitation to graduate.
The university charges monthly interest on outstanding balances at 1%. Given that the final fee payment is due on 30 June, interest is charged on 31 July and at the end of each succeeding month.