Please complete this form if you are a permanent member of UCT's Administrative Staff or on a T3 Contract seeking a workstudy abroad opportunity at one of UCT's international partners.
- Application for Jan to June must be submitted by 15 May of the preceding year
- Application for July to Dec must be submitted by 15 October of the preceding year
In applying for a workstudy abroad opportunity, you should be aware that:
- The International Academic Programmes Office cannot guarantee that all advertised opportunities will be available every semester.
- Until formally notified IN WRITING by IAPO of the success of your application and final placement, you should NOT make firm commitments regarding leave replacement, or changes to your personal circumstance (e.g. accommodation).
- Successful candidates will undertake a research project (of their own choosing) on an area which will contribute towards their professional development. A report must be submitted within 6 weeks of return to UCT, to IAPO and the candidate’s line manager.
- Administrative professional development opportunities are usually of between 2 and 3 weeks duration, and applicants will need to be able to be away from their homes and families for this period. Should you be successful, you will need to apply for special leave with rights and pay for the period of the opportunity.
- Selection of candidates takes into account the value of the proposed opportunity to the area of work, timing of absence from UCT, and will require the nomination & endorsement of the candidate’s line manager.
- Candidates may be asked to contribute towards the cost of their airfare.
Candidates are responsible for obtaining their own passports, visas, and travel insurance. Applicants who do not already hold a passport are advised to apply for one immediately (takes 8 weeks to be issued).
* = Mandatory fields