Please complete this form if you are a permanent member of UCT's Administrative Staff or on a T1/T2 Contract seeking an international staff exchange opportunity at one of UCT's international partners.
In applying for an international staff exchange opportunity, you should be aware that:
- The International Academic Programmes Office (IAPO) cannot guarantee that all advertised opportunities will be available every semester.
- Until formally notified IN WRITING by IAPO of the success of your application and final placement, you should NOT make firm commitments regarding leave replacement, or changes to your personal circumstance (e.g. accommodation).
- Successful candidates will undertake a research project (of their own choosing) on an area which will contribute towards their professional development. A report must be submitted both to IAPO and the candidate’s line manager within 2 weeks of return to UCT.
- Administrative professional development opportunities are usually of between 1 and 3 weeks duration, and applicants will need to be able to be away from their homes and families for this period. Should you be successful, you will need to apply for special leave with rights and pay for the period of the opportunity.
- Selection of candidates takes into account the value of the proposed opportunity to the area of work, timing of absence from UCT, and will require the nomination & endorsement of the candidate’s line manager.
- Candidates are responsible for obtaining their own passports, and may be required to obtain their own visas and travel insurance. Applicants who do not already hold a passport are advised to apply for one immediately (takes 8 weeks to be issued). Candidates may be asked to contribute towards the cost of their airfare.
University of Granada, Spain (UGR) International Staff Training Week 2019
Dates: 1 - 5 July 2019
Closing date for applications: Thursday, 30 May 2019 at 12:00pm (Noon)
* = Mandatory fields