An occasional international student is defined as any international student taking two or fewer courses per semester for only one or two semesters for non-degree purposes.
A certificate of attendance will be available on request. All enquiries, admissions and fees are administered by IAPO.
The cost is US$2 630 per course per semester.
Fees are payable in advance, prior to registration at UCT.
- A certified copy of a transcript of your most recent academic results. Applicants are advised that no application forms will be processed without original or certified copies of transcripts of academic results.
- A GPA score of 3.0 or above is required. Please note that this is applicable only to students from the USA
- Test for English language proficiency (TOEFL) or equivalent test. See UCT Language Policy and visit the National Benchmark Test site.
- Study Permit.
- It is advised that all international occasional students obtain medical insurance in their home countries before departure. Medical insurance is a prerequisite for obtaining a study permit.
- A Matriculation exemption is required in order to be admitted into this programme.
- Complete an international occasional student application form (also known as Form 1).
- Send the completed application form and other required documentation to: The International Finance Officer, IAPO, Room 3.11, Masingene Building, Middle Campus, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, 7701, South Africa.
- The form will be processed by IAPO through Central Admissions and the faculty concerned.
- Students can check the status of their application online.
- IAPO will inform you by mail once your application has been successful. You will also receive a letter of acceptance to study. With this letter you can apply for a study visa. Students are responsible for applying for their study permits and, in the interests of saving time, IAPO will do its best to ensure that students who have been accepted to study at UCT receive their visa-issuing letter on time.
- IAPO will also send you a fees invoice detailing the cost of your study for the duration of your study. This invoice will also have information on fees payment.
- On confirming your arrival date in South Africa, you will receive an information package providing you with instructions on the Orientation programme and other services offered to international occasional students by IAPO.
First Semester (February to the end of June)
Application forms for the first semester should reach IAPO by 15 October of the previous year.
Second Semester (mid-July to the end of November)
Application forms for the second semester should reach IAPO by no later than 15 April each year.