Nine European and five South African universities join forces in the ema2sa or 'Erasmus Mundus Action 2 for South Africa' consortium. The Erasmus Mundus Action 2 network is co-coordinated by the University of Leuven and the University of Cape Town. UCT students and staff will be eligible to apply for this scholarship programme as part of the Target Group 1 category.
For more information on this programme or to apply, please click on the ema2sa image to visit the ema2sa website.
Study Fields and Partners
For More information on the fields of study offered in this programme.
For a brief overview of the partners in this consortium, click on the partner's logo on ema2sa website.
European partner universities
- University of Leuven , Belgium (co- coordinating partner)
- Freie Universitat, Berlin
- Pierre et Marie Curie Universite
- Karolinska Institutet Stockholm
- Masaryk University , Brno
- Universidad de Granada , Spain
- University of Amsterdam , Netherlands
- VU University of Amsterdam , Netherlands
- University of Hull , United Kingdom
South African partner universities
- University of Cape Town , Western Cape (co- coordinating partner)
- University of the Western Cape , Western Cape
- Stellenbosch University , Western Cape
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology , Western Cape
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Eastern Cape
Types of Mobility
|5 - 20 months||6 - 34 months||1 - 3 months|
|Monthly subsistence allowance||1000 EUR||1500 EUR||2500 EUR|
|Tuition fee waiver||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Flight ticket covering one round trip SA-Europe-SA||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Full insurance coverage (health, accident, travel)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Deadlines: No call for applications for the 2014/15 cycle
|Feedback on application:||N/A|
|Mobility to commence:||N/A|
All applications must be submitted online. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
The applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Academic merit
- Motivation for the mobility period
- Research Plan
All queries can be directed to Stephanie van Heerden at the International Academic Programmes Office (IAPO).