Applications invited for UNILEAD 2018 DIES university leadership and management training programme opportunity
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Department of Continuing Education and Education Management (we.b) at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg in Germany are jointly organising the DIES University Leadership and Management Training Programme UNILEAD in Oldenburg, enabling young management-level professionals at higher education institutions in developing countries to tackle successfully every-day challenges. In order to do so, the programme brings together the topics Project Management, Financing and Investment and Human Resource Management with individual and practice-oriented change projects of each participant.
University of Oldenburg
Suitable applicants are invited to apply for the above opportunity. Successful applicants must:
1. Be between 30 – 40 years old
2. Have 2 years management experience
3. Hold a Master’s degree
4. They must be managing a central university department, or be a task force manager for a university reform project
5. English proficiency and a commitment to the programme are required.
Since the programme requires participants to undertake training in Germany for two periods in 2018, applicants must have the support of their line managers for this period of absence (to be taken as special leave with rights and pay).
Applicants should apply in the first instance to: Oyama Botha via email by 12h00 Thursday 12 October 2017. Please include the following in your application:
1. Abridged CV indicating current and previous professional positions at UCT and details of your higher education (degrees / diplomas completed, dates of completion and awarding institutions)
2. Extensive description of managerial and leadership tasks performed in your position, that are relevant for your institution (one page maximum)
3. The training course pursues a practice-oriented approach. During the course, participants are expected to work on an individual and practice-oriented change project they are currently implementing or planning to implement at their university. Please outline a concrete practice-oriented project with relation to the topics of the course, you intend to work on during UNILEAD.
4. Letter of Motivation with date and signature (1 to 2 pages max., pdf-file named: family name_Letter of motivation) in which the need for the training is explained.
The following questions need to be answered:
What is the reason for you applying for the UNILEAD programme and which role do you think the UNILEAD programme will play for your professional career?
In which way do you think that your participation in the UNILEAD programme could help you to implement your project and to overcome existing or foreseen challenges, obstacles or problems?
5. A letter of support from your line manager.
Applications must be received by 12h00 Thursday 12 October 2017. Letters of support with then be prepared by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, enabling applicants to finalise their applications on the application page here http://www.c3l.uni-oldenburg.de/unilead_2018.html in time for the programme deadline.
Please note that letters of support cannot be prepared without a full application as outline above.
For any queries please contact Oyama Botha.
For more information download the UNILEAD 2018 announcement.