Seven European and nine South African partners along with four other associated partners form the EU-SATURN consortium. The co-coordinating partners for the EU-SATURN programme are the University of Groningen and the University of the Free State. UCT students and staff will be eligible to apply for this scholarship programme as part of the Target Group 1 category.
For more information on this programme or to apply, please visit the EU-SATURN website.
Study Fields and Partners
For More information on the fields of study offered in this programme.
European partner universities
- University of Groningen The Netherlands (co- coordinating partner)
- University of Ghent Belgium
- Georg-August-Universität Göttingen Stiftung Öffentlichen Rechts Germany
- Politechnika Wroclawska Poland
- Universitat de Valéncia. Estudi General Spain
- Uppsala University Sweden
- University of Newcastle upon Tyn United Kingdom
South African partner universities
- University of the Free State, Free State (co- coordinating partner)
- Stellenbosch University, Western Cape
- Tshwane University of Technology, Gauteng
- University of Cape Town, Western Cape
- University of Fort Hare, Eastern Cape
- University of Johannesburg, Gauteng
- University of Limpopo, Limpopo
- University of the Western Cape, Western Cape
- University of the Witwatersrand, Gauteng
Types of Mobility
Overview of Opportunities
|Degree Type||Duration||Target Group 1||Target Group 2||Total|
|Monthly subsistence allowance||1000 EUR||1500 EUR||2500 EUR|
|Tuition fee waiver||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Flight ticket covering one round trip SA-Europe-SA||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Full insurance coverage (health, accident, travel)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Application calls:||15 March 2015|
|Feedback on application:||Information not available yet|
|Mobility to commence:||Before 31 December 2015 (in compliance with the host institution's start date)|
All applications must be submitted online. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
The applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Academic merit
- Motivation for the mobility period
- Research Plan
For any queries or to schedule an appointment, please contact Stephanie van Heerden at the International Academic Programmes Office (IAPO).