Brian O’ Connell Partial Scholarship Programme: 2016
The Partial Scholarship Funding Programme of SANORD has been renamed the “Brian O’Connell Scholarship Programme” in honour of the major contributions Prof O’Connell has made to SANORD over the years.
SANORD is committed to re-direct member fees to member institutions through a funding Programme that enhances student mobility. The scholarship programme was established to strengthen the Nordic-Southern African collaboration within SANORD and is to be taken up in 2016.
SANORD is making available partial scholarship opportunities for students from the Southern Africa institutions of higher education and research. Successful students will be required to spend 3 to 5 months at a Nordic SANORD member institution in order to engage in activities that will support the completion of the students’ Master’s degree.
Applicants should comply with the following:
1. Enrolled for mainly Master’s degrees at a SANORD member, Southern African Institution.
2. Must be willing to enhance their knowledge in order to make a contribution toward the development of Southern Africa.
3. Must be committed to return to the home institution to graduate.
4. The applicant must liaise with the SANORD Coordinator at the host university and provide a written communication of acceptance from a host university.
5. Must provide a letter of support from the home supervisor and the relevant Dean of the faculty .
6. Must, on return connect with the home institution to share experiences gained.
7. Must be willing to sign a binding contract in line with the objectives of the programme.
8. A final report must be submitted to the central office within 2 months after the completion of the programme.
Partial Funding could cover the following:
• A return, economy class airline ticket
• Visa costs
o A living allowance
o Travel Insurance for the period
Names of the Nordic SANORD member institutions can be found on our website at http://www.sanord.net (Please speak to your SANORD contact person at your institution.)
Please note: The funding provided by SANORD will be made available to the faculty or university from which the application came.
All applications to be forwarded to the Central Office for the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date for applications: 30 September, 2015